Designation tape – any colours
- Due to it’s durability, designation tape is used to mark cables, wires and pipelines situated underground..
- For example, telecommunication cables, after puting them in ground, they are covered with colour tape, mosty width about 20cm, yellow tape, to make later identification easier. There is one more important safety reason for covering wires with tape. While ground works, worker has earlier information that some installations are 20cm below and after colour of tape, He knowi what of wires are there.
- Designation film can also have warning print.
- Mostly, these are the marking colours:
- Blue – energetic low-voltage wires
- Red – for high-voltage power cables
- Red – energetic high-voltage wires”
- Yellow – telecommunication wires, with additional print: „WARNING TELECOMMUNICATION WIRE”.
- Tapes for it’s more functionality can be modified with metalization and magnetic adds to make them detectable for metal detectors.